Monday, January 31, 2011

I'll see you Tomorrow



Its amazing how naive and truly clueless we have all become. The fact that we say things like "See you tomorrow" or "I'll do this tomorrow" is quite whimsical itself.
Not necessarily because procrastination is humorous, but that we assume that we, or they, or you will be around the next day. I use these phrases all the time and it has become part of our social life. I am not saying to live in fear of your life everyday or those you love. I am saying that everyone needs to feel present here and now.

A friend of mine passed away early last year. Without reason, without warning. I spoke to him on Facebook around 4:45pm. He said he had to go buy groceries around 5 so he signed off. He was dead at 5:15pm.

I was dumbfounded that within 30 minutes he could lose his life. It petrifies me to think that he had no idea as well. Speaking to someone or being around someone who is that close to death really puts an interesting perspective on things.

That is if you choose to take from it what I have.

Yesterday is history,Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift.

Be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment